Tuna Burritos

I like tuna, and I like burritos. But tuna burritos? Sounds interesting. Got this recipe from school mates Mini Gourmet recipe book.

2 - 6oz cans tuna drained
1 cup frozen peas, thawed
1 can french-fried onions
2 cups Monterrey jack cheese
1/2 cup sour cream
2 cans cream of mushroom soup
8 medium flour tortillas
1 cup milk
salt pepper to taste

In a bowl, mix tuna, peas, half of the french-fried onions, 1 cup cheese, sour cream, and 1 can soup. Place tuna mixture in tortillas. Roll tortillas and place seam-side down in greased 9x13 pan. Mix 1 can soup, milk, and salt and pepper; pour over tortillas. Cover with remaining cheese. Cover with foil and bake 45 minutes at 350 degrees. Sprinkle remaining onions on top and bake 10 minutes more.

Lower fat version I made: I substituted light sour cream, 98% fat free soup, skim milk, and low carb tortillas in my version.

Review: I actually liked this a lot. If you like tuna salad and want a twist this is great for that. I didn't notice any difference with using low fat ingredients. Although, I would definetly use regular flour tortillas, as the low carb ones, which are really actually good for wraps and fajitas, did not work with this. They got really tough when baked. Should have figured, but I wanted to try!

No comments:

Post a Comment