Grilled Pork Tenderloin Satay

This recipe came from my new Taste of Home GRILL IT! cookbook.  I have to say it is very yummy.  No leftovers from this one.  I did increase the amounts it told me because I used a 3 lb prk tenderloin instead of the 1 lb it called for.  Which, I know we are a bigger folk, but when has 1 lb of meat ever been enough for 8 servings?  Maybe as an appetizer, but not dinner portions.  Enjoy!

1 large onion, chopped
3/4 cup packed brown sugar (I used 1/2 cup Splenda brown sugar blend)
3/4 cup water
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
3/4 cup canola oil
6 garlic colves, minced
3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1 pork tenderloin (3 lb)

In saucepan, bring the first 8 ingredients to a boil.  Reduce heat; simmer uncovered, for 15- 20 minutes or until thickened.  Reserve half of the sauce for dipping.

Cut pork in half width-wise; cut each half into 10 strips.  Pound each piece of pork under plastic wrap until thin.  Thread pork strips onto metal skewers or soaked wooden skewers.  (I used 5 metal skewers with 4 pieces each).  Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 5 minutes on each side or until no longer pink, basting with sauce throughout grilling. 

Yield: 5 - 6 servings

2 comments:

  1. Amazing! I love Taste of Home! I will def give this one a try! :)

    ReplyDelete