Stuffed Zucchini

A while ago my dad got some fresh zucchini from a co-worker and so I decided to be creative.  It was a whole ago that I made them, but they were good.  I will try to remember everything, but really this recipe is more to taste or correct consistency so if something seems weird or it is too sloppy it probably was my memory that was wrong.  They were really good though!  This was one of the first things I ate after surgery.

3-4 medium zucchini
1 medium yellow squash, chopped
1 yellow onion, chopped
6-10 mushrooms, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
ground pork sausage (I used maple flavor because I like the sweet and savory combo)
1-2 eggs
1 box/bag corn bread stuffing mix
1 jar diced pimentos
1 - 1.5 cups shredded Swiss cheese
6-8 slices provolone cheese
salt and pepper to taste

Boil the zucchini for about 10-15 mins or until slightly tender.  Once cool, cut in half lengthwise and scoop out core.  Meanwhile, saute the onions, squash, mushrooms, and garlic in oil until tender.  Brown sausage in separate pan until cooked through and drain grease.  Combine sauteed veggies, sausage, eggs, Swiss cheese, cornbread stuffing, and pimentos.  Season with salt and pepper.  Fill the zucchini boats with mixture and top with provolone cheese.  Bake in 350 degree oven 15-20 mins until cheese is melted.  Enjoy!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment