Best Mac and Cheese

I am having some people over tomorrow and one of their favorites is my mac and cheese. Should not really call it mine, got it from Guy's Big Bite,Recipe courtesy Ed Wilson, Wilson's Holy Smoked BBQ. Best Mac and Cheese I have had. Have to warn this is anti-diet food but it is SOOO good!

2 quarts water
1 tablespoon kosher salt, plus more for seasoning
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups evaporated milk
1/2 stick butter, melted
Freshly ground black pepper
16 ounces shredded sharp Cheddar
Dust with paprika
    Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
    Bring water, salt, and oil to boil over high heat Add pasta, bring back to a boil and cook until al dente, 8 to 9 minutes. Drain pasta and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking process.
    In a large bowl, mix together eggs, evaporated milk, melted butter and salt and pepper, to taste. Stir in 3/4 of the cheese and add the pasta. Spray an 8 by 8-inch baking pan with nonstick spray and add the pasta mixture. Top with remaining cheese and dust with paprika.
    Bake until the cheese is golden and bubbly, about 30 minutes. Serve hot.

    When I make this I usually only make it for a potluck so I double the recipe for a 9x13 pan. Also, I sometimes use 1/2 sharp cheddar and 1/2 mild cheddar or another blend depending on who I am serving it to. My friends like sharp but it is really rich and cheesy so it is up to you!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment